What is cancer?
Cancer is the word used to describe a grouping of diseases that stems from abnormal cells that divide and invade other tissues in the body. The spreading is done through the blood and lymph systems.
Keep in mind that all cancers begin in the cells. Our bodies are made up of many cells, all that work together to keep us alive and healthy. Our cells are designed to keep replicating from old to new, over and over again, but sometimes this basic process goes wrong and they no longer function as they are supposed to. The cells that are supposed to die to make room for new ones remain, causing a major abnormality in the body, and over time these bad cells group together into a mass or masses and become a tumour or tumours. Some of these tumours, knows as benign, may not become cancerous. In fact, they do not spread and can be treated… never returning in most cases. However, when the tumours do become cancerous they are known as malignant. Malignant tumours may or may not spread to other parts of the body. Also, some cancers, although serious, may not form tumours at all – but instead form in the blood and bone marrow. Leukaemia [Leukemia] is a popular form of such a cancer.
There are over 100 different types of cancers that may invade the body and so the specific type of cancer is usually recognised by where the cancer attacks… such as the lungs, uterus, breasts, etc.
Cancer types may be grouped into categories that give a broader description. The most popular are the following:
1. The Central Nervous System Cancers – starts in the nervous system and spinal cord.
2. Leukaemia (Leukemia) – starts in the blood and creates large numbers of abnormal blood cells that basically attacks the blood.
3. Sarcoma – starts in the connective or supportive tissues – such as the bone, muscle, fat, cartilage, and blood vessels.
4. Carcinoma – starts in the skin or tissues that cover or line the internal organs of the body.
A SHORT HISTORY OF WHAT WE KNOW AS CANCER
Hippocrates, who was a Greek physician, was the one who first named the disease we know as cancer by calling it, Karkinos. He used the two Greek words, carcinoma and carcinos, words that were used to describe a crab, to get the name, Karkinos. So now you know who actually named the disease.
However, the first case of this illness began all the way in ancient Egypt, in 1500 bc. The type of cancer documented was breast cancer. A fire drill was used to treat the disease since there was no known cure. The ancient Egyptians believed that cancer was caused by their gods.
CAUSES OF CANCER
Genetics: Some people are more prone to getting cancer than others because genetics do play a role in things. This is done through bad habits in lifestyle and eating, as families tend to pass down such habits and behaviour the same way religious beliefs and other values and mores are usually handed down to us. So changing these patters by changing our diets and lifestyles can definitely play a parting turning things around, thereby ending the chain of illness from one family member to another.
Addictions: Cigarette smoking, drug addictions, and alcoholism weaken the immune system considerably and leave the body open to infections and illnesses. Since cancer is an immunodeficiency disease, it is unwise to do things that will weaken our immune system, leaving our bodies unable to fight off infections and keeping us healthy. Instead, we must keep our immune systems in tip-top form by refusing to abuse cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol.
Our Diets: Poor eating is a major contributor to bad health. It is bad to eat too much and to also eat too little. The genetically modified and processed foods that most consume daily without giving it a second thought are loaded with all types of poisons, fillers, dyes, and toxins. These usually cost less ad taste very good, but over time these types of food are also destroying our health, yours and mine. So as we start becoming ill since the body is breaking down slowly but surely, one illness breathes another, and over time our immune system is extremely weak and so are we. This is how we become exposed to the bad stuff that soon take charge and destroy the very quality of our lives and health.
Lack Of Exercise: Exercise is very good for the immune system. This is how we oxygenate our bodies and keep our cells going strong. So while two much of anything is good for nothing, please keep in mind that regular exercise is good for the body and your health, while over exercising is no good for anyone. A really good form of exercise is walking. Get a good walking tape if indoors and walk for a while; or go outside and walk for awhile if this works best for you. No need to run, just take a walk and see the benefits over time.
Other causes: Certain types of harmful chemicals that we become exposed to may also cause cancer – such as asbestos.
HOW CANCER IS DIAGNOSED
Your physician, if he or she suspects cancer, will most likely begin by running a few diagnostic tests just to see if any of your cells appear abnormal. These tests will also determine whether or not the cells are malignant or not. If they are malignant then further tests will have to be performed so that a more specific determination may be made.
Here are a few tests that may be taken:
1. Biopsy: Small tissues are cut out from a specific area and sent to a lab for testing. A pathologist will then view these tissues under a microscope and tell whether or not can cells are present. A biopsy is one of the surest ways to tell if someone has cancer.
2. Genomics tests: Genes and their functions are tested for mutations [unusual changes].
3. Imaging Tests: Pictures of the inside of the body are taken and reviewed. These pictures are taken through x-rays, ultrasounds, CT or CAT Scans, MRI’s, mammograms, and PET scans.
4. Laboratory Tests: Blood and urine is sent to a lab for analysis – to determine how advanced the cancer is in addition to gathering more information about the specific cancer itself in relation to it and your body.
5. AMAS: The words mean, anti-malignin antibody in serum. This is an excellent way to test for cancer plus screen for cancer for those who have had the illness and need to be tested regularly. This is a simple blood test that measures an antibody in the blood called, anti malignin. Antibodies are proteins that are made by the immune system to aid the body in fighting off illnesses. If the antibodies measured are shown to be high then this is a clear sign that cancer may be in the body. The mainstream medical establishment has done its best to discredit this cancer test, but it has an accuracy of greater than 95%. And if done a second time… the percent rate shoots up to 99%. False positive and false negative rates are less than 1%. This cancer test will accurately detect early cancer of all types and so I would not count it out if I were you. The test has finally been patented, and the FDA has granted permission to market this test. It is a cancer screening test, a cancer monitoring test, and also aids in accuracy after the other types of regular testing is performed but closer scrutiny. The AMAS test, in due time, should dramatically reduce the number of invasive biopsies, needless pain and suffering, and reduce the cost of medicine. For now, the AMAS test is only available through Dr. Bogoch's Oncolab, Inc. in Boston.
AMAS has found breast cancer as small as a pencil dot. It gives a much more accurate answer and does it for less cost. And here is an amazing quote I must share with you:
“Dr. William J. Friend, M.D., the Director of Medical Research for The Friend Foundation, states that Anti-Malignant Antibody in Serum (AMAS) is a naturally occurring antibody present in the serum of all people, even children. AMAS is our natural immune system against cancer. The test can be used to determine if any type of cancer exists anywhere in the body. It will tell if the new treatment against any cancer has been successful. The future application of AMAS in vaccines and booster shots is inevitable. Historians will probably view AMAS as the most important diagnostic test of the twentieth century, as it will forever change the practice of medicine in the civilized world.
“Studies on more than 6,000 patients have shown a sensitivity and specificity of AMAS greater than 95% (99% if repeated). Physicians, especially those in Managed Care and HMO's, are not going to order the routine and conventional cancer screening tests, such as PSA, CEA, CA-125, x-rays, mammograms, faecal (fecal) occult tests, PAP tests, colonoscopies, etc., unless AMAS is positive. IF the AMAS test is normal, there is a better than 99% chance that the doctor will not find cancer.
“Veterinarians will also be suing AMAS as it has been detected in goats, dogs, rabbits, and rats. As in humans, there appears to be a normal level of AMAS that is bumped up when cancer starts growing.” (http://www.lightparty.com/Health/DETECT.html)
HOW CANCER IS TREATED
Cancer treatments, since there are many types, are usually placed into categories. You have conventional, alternative, and complimentary therapies. The age of the individual, type of cancer and the stage the cancer is in has a lot to do with what treatment may be given to a patient. The person’s overall health and personal preference is also factored in to the decision making process.
CONVENTIONAL CANCER TREATMENT
Chemotherapy, radiationtherapy, hormonetherapy, genetherapy, surgery, and radiotherapy, are usually the main types of treatments used by oncologists when dealing with cancer patients.
ALTERNATIVE CANCER TREATMENT
This type of treatment uses high dosages of supplements, melatonin, and vitamins. Ozone therapy, magnet therapy, microwave therapy, and coffee enemas are also treatments used to reach the goal of completely curing the cancer and stopping all cancer growth. Basically, this is the claim of alternative medicine and its objective.
COMPLEMENTARY CANCER TREATMENT
This form of treatment is holistic. Herbs, massages, acupuncture, and meditation is used. The patient is comforted and encouraged all the way and through the process.
Along with the words written here, I have also included very important links that I hope you will read and learn from. These links will steer you in the right direction and help you to choose the right path for you if you have cancer or know someone who has cancer. Please pass along this information to as many as possible because the chain of love and aid, one to another, should never end.